Sunday, June 12, 2011

Independence Day 2011

True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what's right. ~Brigham Young


Nine years ago, when I took a job in another city, I moved out of our house and rented an apartment.  I was a fresh graduate from the University, full of idealism and eagerness.  At that time I was thinking, this is it, i will finally experience how it is to be independent. I have learned a lot in those years.  Living alone made me realize life's realities and how important are the choices that we make because it will define who we are.  I realized the value of my family, I learned that no matter how independent we think we are, we are still interdependent to the ones we love.



I am feeling nationalistic and all today as I post this photo of my pin flag in commemoration for the 113th Independence day of the Philippines!  I took it out of my pin collection (yes, I have a pin collection which I absolutely love) and which I have to return this to it's exact same place afterwards hehehe...Well, happy independence day to all! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment